Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

lamp project

3 years aog, i found this lamp at 'the free store' on campus, which is exactly what it sounds like, a store on campus full of stuff that's free. it's ugly and i could see why someone got rid of it. i grabbed it because we needed more light in our unfinished basement and i thought, who cares what it looks like, the whole basement's an eyesore anyway. i never saw it's potential. until recently, that is.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


red is one of my favorite colors. i love color in general, but red says so much. it can be loud, 'here i am!', it can be passionate, 'i love you', it can be celebratory, 'christmas' or delicious 'candy apple',...wow, even i didn't know i had so much to say about red. it looks great on a picnic table or a wall, or a pillow or a couch, a sweater or a scarf. it's great as an accent or a focal point.

hello, mr. red. i like you on my once-ugly lamp on my desk. xo

1 comment:

Megan said...

I LOVE your red lamp!! Well done lisa!! I love reading your blog and catching up on your life :) I hear there is a trip planned to Tallahassee. I'm sad I wont be there to see you! Have fun!!