Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Monday, January 10, 2011

Seminary life

As nice as it is to drive away for a change of scenery at the start of Christmas break, it is a great blessing to return to wonderful friends who are like family. It actually felt like we were gone much longer than we were and seeing people again, missing people the way we did, makes us dread graduation in May. That will be a very, very bittersweet day. Us ladies will be so impressed with our men and all they've accomplished, but when will we see each other again? From whom will I borrow 2/3 cup of milk while making mashed potatoes? Or a jar of cumin for our taco dinner? I'll have to hire a babysitter when we want to go play cards and eat dessert with friends instead of using our cell phones like baby monitors from one door down. All in all, living like we have in off campus housing has been a tremendous challenge. Anytime 50 families share a living space it's bound to be an adjustment. But it's also been a profound blessing in so many ways. I have lifelong friendships as a result. Sigh.

Here we are at the bridge, celebrating Walter Stiffler for his birthday. Happy birthday Brother!
wsurprise

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Bryan's sweater!! :)