Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rosemary Beach

Just a few weeks ago, Bryan, Mya and I had the honor of joining our friends, Mark and Beth and their two boys, plus Beth's mom and dad, for a few days of their beach vacation at Rosemary beach. We hadn't seen these friends since moving from Tallahassee in May 2008. This was Divinely inspired. Not only is the beach healing for the soul but being with these friends was healing as well.

Mya, Me, in my 26th week, and Beth, in her 34th week:

fall2011 046

This is the view from the balcony:

fall2011 029

Mya and Ethan hadn't seen each other since May 2008. Mya was 2 and Ethan was just a few months old:

may2008 004

Here are Mya and Ethan, 5 years and 3 years,  before heading out for a little rainy day browsing  at the local shops:

fall2011 044

Here's a view of the main living area. This home was such a luxurious beach house:


fall2011 032

And not only is Mark a U.S. Marine who made us feel safer than we've ever felt before, but he loves to cook. I believe this morning he was making outstanding strawberry crepes:

fall2011 039

Funny story about Mark: one morning, I foolishly wore my ray ban sunglasses and Boston Red Sox hat into the ocean.  Bryan and Mya were with me.  Some fierce waves came which required that we hold on tight to Mya lest she be swept away in the undertow.  Sure enough, Bryan gets a 'leg cramp' and cannot hold onto Mya.  He throws her to me, shouting 'Cramp!' I grab Mya and brace myself as we get pummeled by consecutive waves, knocking us over and under and back up again.  My hat and glasses were history.  I was so ticked.  Leg cramp!  Seriously?  Ok, I admit, I shouldn't have been wearing my hat and sunglasses in the first place, but it was really bright and windy.  ANYWAY, Mark the marine comes out with goggles on and confidently says, "I will find your hat and glasses" and he dives into the ocean waves.  I just knew he would, too, because he is a U.S.Marine.  A few minutes later Mark comes walking up the beach.  "Did you find them" I ask?  "Nope.  And the waves took my goggles as well."  Bad waves.

This place was amazing. You get the idea. Apparently, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw vacationed in this very house weeks prior.  How cool is that?  They have good taste in vacation spots.  There were scenic walking trails, a little town center with shops and restaurants, a town green, courthouse, post office, and all the charm you can imagine. It was like being in a foreign country. Everything was meticulous.  Thank you, Mark and Beth, for inviting us to be with you on your family vacation, for the delicious food, and for such sweet time together.  Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Bogardus for your generosity.  We feel so loved and so supported. 

TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA
Next up, Tallahassee, Florida for a week of fund-raising for our Boston church plant. First, we stayed with our friends the Millenders, April and Michael and their kiddos Elyse and Hunter. Elyse is Mya's first friend. I don't mean the kind of girls who's moms make them play together because the moms like each other. No, these girls loved spending time together as babies. They picked up right where they left off in May 2008 by being inseparable, wrestling, and sharing all of the same interests. Elyse's little brother, Hunter, was a trooper sharing his big sister with Mya for a few days. So here are the girls at 5 and 4 years:

fall2011 057

May 2008: Here they are at 1 and 2 years. Elyse is just 7 months younger:

march 040

April and Michael didn't just offer us a place to stay, April hosted a jewelry show in honor of our fund-raising trip. God is burdening the hearts of the people around us to not only support us financially, but to be thinking how they can help us fund-raise!  Praise the Lord! April works for Premier Designs (www.premierdesigns.com) and decided to host a party in honor of Christ the King Roslindale (www.ctkroslindale.org) and gave 40% of the profit made at this party, to our fund-raising efforts. She is also contacting her business, which gives thousands of dollars to mission-work all over the world each year, to see if they would be able to help us further. What an incredible encouragement when people selflessly look for ways to serve us and our ministry. We are so very humbled. Thank you, April!

Me and April, 2008:


april2008 112

 the jewels:

 fall2011 052

Our last stop, the Corteses. Ashley, Tony, and their pup, large pup, Buster. Not only did I not take pictures of this charming home, but I neglected to take a picture of us with them. So let me say just a few words. I had the joy and privilege of babysitting Tony and his younger siblings when I was in college. I loved babysitting for this family. The kids were a delight to be with. In fact, I enjoyed being in their home so much that I would spend the night when I babysat so I could stay as long as possible, joining the family for breakfast the next morning. Tony grew up as kids often do, and he married a dear girl, Ashley. I love Ashley. She is so kind and funny and talented (smittendesign.blogspot.com). She inspires me. We are so thankful for time in their cozy home. This made me smile. It was a welcome sight for a weary pregnant
traveler:

fall2011 058

me and Ashley, May 2008, my going away party:

may2008 105

Buster:

 fall2011 067


Ashley and Kevin, dear friends, whom it was so good to see and spend time with. Thank you for a delicious dinner and for putting off work to be with us.

December 2007, their wedding:

ashley's wedding 156

Vita, it was phenomenal to see you. Thank you for bringing Mya and I lunch while we were stranded without wheels. Time with you is so good.

Me and Veet, May 2008:

may2008 051

And countless others who cleared time in their schedule to meet with Bryan for meals or coffee and patiently listen to what God is doing in Boston, through us, and for helping us learn how to be better fund-raisers and give us a broader network. Thank you to all of you, David and Karen Story, Barry Bevis, David Grulich, Mike Dasher, Mark Webb and the guys you introduced Bryan to, Mike Zoda, Bob Soni, Evan Mathews, Nick Chason, Wildwood Church, and anyone I may have missed. You have all played a role in this work. We are grateful for your time. It was a good, long week.

3 comments:

The Morginskys said...

i cant believe you are pregnant! its just so surprising to see that picture!!!!! post some more!

Josh said...

can't believe how big mya is getting!! yeesh! sounds like a wonderful trip!! xoxoxoxoxo

Josh said...

ok, oops, that was def. from bets and not josh!!!