Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Saturday, June 19, 2010

a few random pics

img_3086mya teaching daddy from the shorter catechism. i love it when she does that.

img_3089
on a more serious note, the goodwill stores up here are filled with all kinds of treasures. i bought 3 lamps for $17. lamps are something we can use right now so it was money well spent. as bryan noted, 'someone else's trash is another person's treasure.'

img_3056
mmm. the thing about lobster, maine lobster to be precise, is that it has been my favorite food since it was first introduced to me as a youngster in the single digits. it is one of the few foods i loved as a kid and to this day find to be one of my favs. we usually only indulge once a year so it's really a special treat when we bring it home for dinner. as a post birthday celebration, we got together with tim and lacey and threw in some steamers on the side. i love that they used hazel's potty pads to protect the kitchen table! ha!

img_3053
mys sure loves strawberries with whipped cream, something which she has in common with her momma AND her grampie.

2 comments:

Smitten Design said...

3 lamps for $17. Score!

I always think of you when you once told me how your taste buds have changed and you didn't like chicken or turkey as much as roast beef. I thought that was so odd but now I get it. I can't eat a turkey sandwich and not gag a little!

Glad you indulged in some lobster.

diane said...

Great score on the lamps...it kind of reminds me of one in The Land of Nod catalog, that I was flipping through today.