All of the students in Mrs. Byar's class get to wear a crown on their birthday.

February 3rd was a fun day. It was a Thursday. Mya and I started our day together in the usual way. We ran a few quick errands before our job, babysitting Oliver, began. We headed to Trader Joe's, our home away from home, to pick up some provisions. While there, an employee asked Mya what school she went to. Mya exclaimed to the woman, "Preschool. I'm 5 today. It's my birthday!"
When we were checking out with our items, a young man who worked at the store approached Mya with this bouquet of flowers. He said, "I heard it was your birthday. Every little girl needs some flowers on her birthday", and he gave them to her, just like that.

I WISH I had a picture of Mya's face at that moment. Her face lit up, she took the flowers, said 'thank you' to the man, looked at me, and then down at her flowers in shyness. She was so happy.
Bowling with Dad during Spring Break(these were taken before Bryan accidentally hit Mya in the head with his bowling ball, giving her a goose egg on her forehead the size of Wisconsin):



we're having fun amidst the final stretch madness.

No comments:
Post a Comment