Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Morgan's words at 18 months

I thought it high time I record these words before she's graduating from college and I've completely forgotten what she was like at a year and a half.  Time certainly is flying by.  Strangers on the street remind me of that as they pass, 'Just yesterday my kids were this small and now they're all married and moved away'.  Having a 7 year old, I can kind of understand what they mean.  It does seem like yesterday Mya was toddling around in her crocs, exploring the world full-steam ahead.  She was such a delight and so is little Mo.  She has an uncanny way of easing tension in any situation.  Sometimes when I'm frustrated with her for not eating her food, she'll blow a really big raspberry and I'll start laughing hysterically.  Then she'll do it again and try not to laugh herself.  I love that she doesn't take herself too seriously.  She's knows how to have fun and enjoy every day.  If she falls down, she gets right back up and keeps running.  She's also very social.  She loves people and animals. She loves cats and dogs and birds, imitating the noises they make, including the cat's 'screeching' when Morgan yanks her tail.  Thanks for making life way more fun, Momo.  I love to hear you talk.


"HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI!" to any living, breathing thing that walks into view.  She will brighten the darkest mood of any stranger on the busy streets as we walk past.  No one has ever been able to resist smiling and responding 'hi' to a Morgan-greeting. She's also usually shouting these words:

"Bah-bye!"

"See ya!"

"HEY!" (what you'll hear if you take anything from her)

"Pease!"

"Hep!" (help)

"Maw!" (more)

"Ishie" (fish)

"Yeesie" (Jesus) ("Morgan, who loves you?" "Yeesie!")

"Gah" (God) ("Morgan, who made you?" "Gah!")

"Hot!"

"Daddy, Mommy"

"Ya-ya!" (Mya) (Ironically,"yaya"means "big sister" in "Lingala", which is a language spoken in the northern part of the Congo.  We learned this when, at a playground, a man from the Congo heard Morgan calling after Mya saying, 'Ya-ya!')

"Bampie" (Grampie)

"Babbie" (Grammie)

"Maw-maw" (Memaw)

"Paw-paw" (Pepaw)

"He go!" (Here you go)

"Mine!"

"No!"

"Ya!" (Yes)

"Ow" (this one's a whisper, for some reason)

"kitty-meow"

"doggie-woof"

"birdie-teet-teet" (tweet tweet)

"Ba ba" (bottle/sippy cup)

"Kees!" (Keys-heading to front door-desiring to leave the house)




This pic is actually a few months old, but it captures her personality well.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

what a dolly!! love her!